• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled Homeowners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Insureless

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? West Virginia

My husband and I currently have our auto and home insurance through the same carrier. We had received our new statement for our house with new policy additions, changes, declarations, and showing the policy period from and to. When it came time to be due, my husband mistakingly paid the auto.

In the beginning of March, I called the agent to make changes on our policy to be informed that we no longer had homeowners. It had been cancelled as of 12/02/02. We never received a letter, a notice, nor did they notify our bank (who holds the mortgage) as of yet.

I asked how we could get it reinstated and they said that they could not rewrite us. Based on a fire that we had in 6/02, a child fell and broke her collar bone 02/00, and lightning struck our house traveling through our electrical circuit, damaging a TV and 2 VCR's 7/99.

Now, with the help of a good friend who happens to be an Insurance Agent, have called every Insurance Group in my area and checked just about everyone on the internet. We keep getting the same replies. Too many claims within the last five (5) years and most importantly the Fire.

Now, the questions!

1. Does the Insurance company that cancelled me have to give me any notice or warning before cancelling our homeowners?
The policy period was for 6/20/02 to 6/20/03. We were due for a 12/02 pmt.

2. Is there any Insurance companies that will take homeowners on in our area even as high risk?
I am even willing to do this.

3. Also I was on our Insurance carriers website, and it is showing the only notification sent to us was the renewal with declarations and etc and no other letters after that. And it still looks as if the account is still open.

4. Should we be notified in writing that the policy is cancelled?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">