• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancelled my employee health insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PaulJ067

after 2 lower back surgeries i returned to work with dr.'s
restrictions.the large company I work for didn't like me having restrictions and sent me home putting me back on
workmans comp saying "we're going to
force your dr. to make you peremanent stationary, and then we'll decide how to accomodate you." I got a workmans comp
lawyer to handle this part for me and he tells me I'm being terminated.This happened a year and a half ago and I havn't heard one word from my company since.now I got a letter from the health insurance company
that my coverage was cancelled last november because my emoloyer didn't pay my premium.I didn't get any warning from my emplolyer and have not been offered cobra.can they do this legally especially without me hearing from them?
Need your help

ALawyer

You are possibly in luck as CA has its own COBRA that applies to smaller employers. I do not know the impact when it comes to WC interplay however. Ask the State Department of Labor first and let them help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">