• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelling my workers comp claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjohanna

What is the name of your state? California

I filed a workers compensation claim on 1/2/07 for the stress my job is causing me. I filled medication the doctor subscribed and am at the point of needing a refill. I have seen the workers compensation quack 2x. Today I completed and faxed the form for my medical history going back 10yrs for every doctor that has checked me out (around 20). I also faxed the consent to research all my medical history. The point is I am now having second thoughts and wanted to cancel the claim all together and not pursue it. I honestly think it is going to bring me even greater stress due to my medical history and I have too many other battles (including getting my medical benefits reinstated) were my nerves could not handle another fight. I believe all my previous medical history(cancer survivor with baggage) is going to create an uphill battle I will not be able to win. Can I drop the case now? What are the legal and financial ramifications for doing so?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Considering the fact that you were unlikely to win anyway (stress claims are EXTREMELY difficult to get approved as workers comp) there are really no financial ramifications. Legally, I don't know what the law in your state says about withdrawing a claim; it's possible that having been put forth, it has to go through to denial. However, I see no reason why you can't give your employer a written notification that you no longer consider the stress to be a work related claim and request that they withdraw the claim. I can promise you that, if legally permitted to do so, they will be more than happy to comply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">