• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancer Cluster-Rights to Med Rec/DNA/Autopsy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gemyni

What is the name of your state? The party involved is in New York.

This terminal person's side of the family has a cancer cluster & one of the oncologists of another terminal family member in another state has recommended getting genetics testing.

The NY family member refuses to grant access to physicians, medical records or cooperate in any way. Since there are no children of this person, is there anything that can done posthumously or perhaps draft a document with permission to access medical records, specimens, etc after their death?

I'm not sure exactly which law topic this would fall under, so I'm repeating this in different forums.

Thanks in advance for anyone who may know this information...Gemynii

CMSC

Gemyni,

Try deleting your posts and reposting in the Malpractice forum, I am sure Jack or ellencee could answer your questions best.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">