• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cannot Get an Answer on DL Restorarion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wambo

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

To be blunt, years ago (5+) I was an idiot and racked up multiple citations which led to my liscense being suspended. I never responded but am now taking responsibility and am trying to get my liscense restored. I contacted all the courts, payed my fines and responded to all the citations.

The problem I am having now is Penndot has on record that there are four citations that I need to respond to. The thing with that is the court I supposedly have these citations with has no record of said citations.

After a lot of back and forth, I am told by Penndot that the court has to clear me electronically. The court says they cannot clear me electronically since the citations don't exist (and I did verify that when I got my CCW permit). The court says the only thing they can do is give me a signed letter from the judge that will clear me but Penndot says they cannot do anything with that. Penndot emailed the info to their "research" team to see if they can do anything about that.

They said it would take four business days, but six later I still don't have an answer and confirmed that when I contacted them again. They sent another letter to the "research" team but I'm certain I won't hear from them yet again.

Does anyone have any information on how I can get this resolved?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You wait a few extra days and see what the "research team" says.

You blew this off for years and now you want instant resolution? It rarely works that way.

Or you can go out now and sit down with a traffic attorney for a consultation to see if they can help you.

Wambo

I don't expect an instant resolution. I've been dealing with this over the course of the last two months and cannot get an answer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
60+ months was fine for letting it go and now, within two months, you expect it to be fixed. That's as close to "instant resolution" as you can get in a matter such as yours.

Give it more time.

pac72

you are at the mercy of one of the most inept government agencies in pa.. enjoy your wait/efforts to clean up your self generated mess..good luck

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state?
PA
I posted on here about two months ago in regards to my suspension. I am having an issue getting my DL restored. Basically, the court I had the citations with has since moved and appears to have lost the citations somehow.
After a lot of back and forth Penndot tells me I have to have the court clear me electronically of the citation. The court tells me that they can't clear me electronically because the citations don't exist. The court tells me the only thing that they can do is send me a letter, which I have, to give to Penndot. Penndot says they can do nothing with the letter.
When I had originally posted, Penndot was sending my case information to their internal research team from which I was supposed to hear back from in a week, which I never did. That's when I posted and was told to wait. So I waited another two weeks, heard nothing back. So I tried the same process again. After about a month I still didn't hear anything back. I now for the third time am doing this process but I'm fairly certain I will not hear anything yet again.
My question is, how can I possibly get this resolved? I've been at this for months and have made no progress whatsoever. Do I have any other options at this point?
The answer really doesn't change...keep working your way up at PennDOT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">