• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't find father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Illinois/Florida

My daughter was conceived in Florida and was born in Illinois 8 months ago. I speak to my daughters father on the phone every couple of weeks. He always calls from a different phone numbers. I will tell him I want to send pictures of 'our' daughter to him and he gives me the same address but when I send the letters and pictures and crap it always comes back to me saying sender unknown. He is bipolar(fact), a known drug addict(fact), and a jerk(yes my personal opinion). One phone conversation he will say he wants to be in her life and be a good daddy and then the next he wants to give up his rights and such. Here is my problem: child support can't serve him b/c of the address situation and they are about to give up on it last court date is sept 26th. My friend told me that if you put an ad in the paper where you believe the father of your child is and he doesn't respond to it after 30 days they can take his name off the birth certificate. Is that true? How do I go about finding out about this? What should I do with this so called Daddy?? I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential