• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't get H.O. Insurance thanks to Seller.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1210

What is the name of your state? TX

Hello All,

I need some advice, my fiancee' along with myself purchased a home last July. We were not informed of the prior claims of the home and that the most recent claim was paid out and its funds not used to repair the problem. The previous owner had 5 claims in 4 years. 3 theft claims, 2 hail damage clams. The 1st hail damge claim was in 1990 and was paid out and proof submitted the roof was repaired. In 1995 another hail damage claim was paid out but no proof submitted that the roof was repaired/replaced. This information was provided by a C.L.U.E. report. Additionally, the seller failed to list pre-existing problems on our home (shower pan leaked, soft shower walls, etc) and we are having problems renewing our insurance and finding new insurance on our home. We are being denied because of the sellers claim in 1995 for the roof, and because of the shower. The shower is one of the problems that was pre-existing. What are our options to get homeowners insurance? Do we need to tell the mortgage company about this? We have tried many many companies and they always want to view the home inside and out and it fails everytime due to the roof and shower. Perhaps I should go after the seller and his agent for DTPA?

Thanks,
Mark

ALawyer

This is a question that should be placed on the real estate boards.

Mortgage companies insist on homeowners insurance as a condition of closure to protect their interests. A lot is riding on the specifics of the disclosures made to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">