• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't get Health Insurance Coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Ken Koshar

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? FONT=century gothic]TEXAS.

I am under the 65 years old, but... I am disabled and, on SSI ~ MEDICARE Part A+B.

I have looked everywhere to get a Health Insurance provider for Medicare-Supp: Insurance coverage.

I am trying to get a Weight-Loss byPass Surgery but... I keep getting turned down for Medicare-Supp-Insurance because of my weight.

I have to get my weight off... Matter of life or death for me.

If you can help... Thank You Ken Koshar

M

mzneedajob

have you thought about writting the talk show hosts like
maury povich, and montel williams?

Beth3

Ken, some States provide group health coverage to State residents who have been rejected for coverage by a number of carriers. Basically, it's health insurance for the "uninsurable." It's not State paid - the participants pay the premiums as they would any other coverage. Now as to whether your State offers such a program, and if it does, whether it's appropriate as medicare supplemental coverage, and whether they'll cover weight-loss surgery is an unknown. But you should be able to call your State's Insurance Commission and get some answers whether there are any State run insurance programs for which you'd qualify.

T

texas1818

Here is the info for the Texas health pool:

www.txhealthpool.org

Eligibility:
An individual is eligible (for Health Pool coverage) IF under age 65 and has been for at least 30 days and remains a legal resident of Texas and a United States citizen, or a permanent resident of the United States for at least 3 continuous years, and IF the individual provides the Health Pool's administrator evidence of one of the following:

1. Notice of rejection or refusal by an insurance co to issue substantially similar individual health insurance due to health reasons.......

And the list goes on & mentions other qualifying factors.

I personally know someone who is insured thru the Pool and the rate is extremely high.

I wish you the best of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">