• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can't get retirement benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kat2show

What is the name of your state? CA
I was employed as an RN by HCA (hospital corp. of America) In the state of Florida and left employment in 1985.
I am now 62 years old and had 2 retirement plans there
Money Purchase Plan
Salary Deferred Payment Plan.
These were reported to Soc.Sec. in 1987. 2 years after I left the employment.
Upon contacting HCA I have been told they no longer have these plans , the records for that time were destroyed as they were "not required to keep them" and they have no record of my retirement benefits.
I have contacted the "new" HCA Plan administrators , and Personnel of the hosp. where I worked. They tell me there is nothing they can do and I am out of luck.
Can a corporations just decide to end a plan even tho you had earned it and destroy the records of the plans?What is the name of your state?

derekp

Contact DOL

Contact the Department of Labor help desk and report your claim. You will be surprised at how helpful they will be in tracking down your benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">