• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't move in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicole_j29

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?WA

On August 25th I signed a six-month lease for an apartment. Due to many circumstances I am unable to move in. I've never paid the first month's rent and I have never taken possession of the apartment.

What will the consequences be for not moving in,living there, and paying six month's rent?

Thanks,

Nicole

Last edited:

south

Liable for all the time up until the landlord manages to re-rent...

I presume the landlord has your signed agreement ssn etc..

If so tell the landlord now so he can re-list it,

nicole_j29 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?WA

On August 25th I signed a six-month lease for an apartment. Due to many circumstances I am unable to move in. I've never paid the first month's rent and I have never taken possession of the apartment.

What will the consequences be for not moving in,living there, and paying six month's rent?

Thanks,

Nicole

nicole_j29

Thanks south for input

The apartment is completely emty and I never had a key, so it is definetely ready to rent out again. If the rental company plays hardball with me, can they sue me for six-months rent? Or would the most likely scenario be a black mark on my credit report and rental history?

Nicole

nicole_j29

Problem resolved

I found out today that they only want the first month's rent and they will waive the five months. I can deal with that and it's fair for everyone. :)

HomeGuru

nicole_j29 said:
I found out today that they only want the first month's rent and they will waive the five months. I can deal with that and it's fair for everyone. :)

**A: get it in writing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">