• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can’t put my kids in school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?illinois
So I just wanted to thank all of you so much. Some of you even went above and beyond to help me. My kids are finally Enrolled in school. After having 8pm surprise Residency check and having my husband mail in proof he’s not in Illinois because of work, the school has finally decided to enroll my children. I do believe this is because of ISBE and an attorney persistently contacting them and requesting immediate enrollment. Finally they gave in but even though my kids are in school, it will not stop the investigation that ISBE has now opened on the district 80 enrollment process. My attorney told me there will still be an open investigation. This makes me have hope that there rules will change for the better. Also we were not charged a fee. We simply had to write a check and hand it to the principle and then she handed it back to me. Again thank you everyone so much!!!

quincy

So I just wanted to thank all of you so much. Some of you even went above and beyond to help me. My kids are finally Enrolled in school. After having 8pm surprise Residency check and having my husband mail in proof he’s not in Illinois because of work, the school has finally decided to enroll my children. I do believe this is because of ISBE and an attorney persistently contacting them and requesting immediate enrollment. Finally they gave in but even though my kids are in school, it will not stop the investigation that ISBE has now opened on the district 80 enrollment process. My attorney told me there will still be an open investigation. This makes me have hope that there rules will change for the better. Again thank you everyone so much!!!
Thank you for the positive-news update, I'm concerned. I am happy to hear your children are in school. I hope now that the positive news will continue with a change in the registration process.

Just Blue

So I just wanted to thank all of you so much. Some of you even went above and beyond to help me. My kids are finally Enrolled in school. After having 8pm surprise Residency check and having my husband mail in proof he’s not in Illinois because of work, the school has finally decided to enroll my children. I do believe this is because of ISBE and an attorney persistently contacting them and requesting immediate enrollment. Finally they gave in but even though my kids are in school, it will not stop the investigation that ISBE has now opened on the district 80 enrollment process. My attorney told me there will still be an open investigation. This makes me have hope that there rules will change for the better. Also we were not charged a fee. We simply had to write a check and hand it to the principle and then she handed it back to me. Again thank you everyone so much!!!
I am so happy your children are in school....the whole handing a check and them giving it back is bizarre.

HRZ

I'd not place much faith in the ISBE....the last I read of that group, some years ago, they were beating up and making all sorts of threats ( like barrring all thier students from competive sports events ) to some Chicago area suburban high school just because that school did have the gumption to address tuition and enrollment issues under Federal law for a F-1 visa student.

Your kids seem properly enrolled ...glad that part worked out ...your district seems to earned a D+ in how they handled it ...and that check passing game doesn't raise thier grade ......but as to the goal of getting your kids enrolled ..YOU did well and I hope the kids enjoy thier school and excell.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">