• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can't reach attorney, child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


upset dad

i live in north carolina,have had an attorney in greensboro for 1 year. i am trying to change custody from my ex-wife to myself of our 2 children 7 & 11. we have had court dates for 1 year.each time put off. on june 11,2001 we went back to court. my attorney did not call or show up. my ex spouse's attorney said my attorney's estrange husband had been shoot friday night but was out of the woods. she will not answer e-mails or phone calls. this has also happened in the past. she has all of my records and evidence for over 1 year pertaining to this case. my ex wife is going to move the children out of state July 1 and will not follow our custody agreement because she knows i can not reach my attorney for advice. should i try to find another attorney at this late date? i do not know any attorneys in greensboro since i do not live there. how can i get all of records that i have already paid my attorney for. can i contact the bar assc,clerk of courts etc. to get her to contact me? please help me. i am desperate!

upset dad



Yes, get yourself a new lawyer. He or she can get your records from your other lawyer. As for the fees you've paid, I'm not sure. But your new lawyer can get things started immediately. He can have the judge issue an immediate order to keep your wife from leaving with the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential