• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't seem to find the answer to this...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MamaLuna

What is the name of your state?CO

Citibank attorneys snuck in a default judgment against me (improper service). I recently got it vacated and have a pre-trial conference set for the end of the month. The judge would like all settlement options exhausted by this time.

Heres the ???

The original complaint claims $12k+ (the total amount of 2 cards), the judgment they sought, received and was vacated was for $3800 (amount of ONE card). If I offer settlement for the amount of the judgment (that was vacated) $3800 and they accept can they sue for the 2nd card since it was listed in the claim on the original complaint?

(I can not afford to do this and would be borrowing the money from family but my only other option is bankruptcy)

Can you use Accord and Satisfaction in Colorado?

Thank you for your help.

S

seniorjudge

You really should be asking the creditors upon what basis they want to settle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">