• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Capital One

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZOIE

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I had sent a letter to the CA requesting verification in Sept. 2002 & received a letter from Capital One yesterday(2-28-03). This letter contained the acct #, balance, billing statements from
4-2002 to 6-2002 & the original application.
Is the original application enough for them to say the debt is mine? This is what it says: " I(we) have read the Important Disclosures & Misc. Info on the back of the letter and agree to be bound as specified therein". It's not in contract form.

Also my husband filed BK last year & didn't include Capital One, not remembering he had ME sign his name as the co-applicant. Can they come after him when they find out I have no income?
Should I call them & try to pay a percentage of the debt or try for monthly payments? (the debt is almost $4000).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">