• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident and DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My wife was involved in an accident where she was hit from the passenger side from a vehicle that was at a stop sign. She was on the main road and they were on a side road that intersected in a T. Without looking the other driver pulled out and hit my wife's car. So far it looks like the vehicle will be totalled. Besides the cost of the vehicle my wife has scratches (from a broken passenger side window and mirror) and her back and arm is sore still (about a week later) she was told at the hospital that there was nothing wrong with her back (nothing broken or pulled severly) She missed 2 days of work to boot. The girl that was driving the truck that hit her was 18, she was charged with DUI, Underage Drinking and Failure to excersise duties at a stop sign. My question is this....her insurance company has already admitted in a phone conversation that they are going to cover the accident 100% since obviously the other driver was to blame and they are talking about a pain and suffering payout. I am looking for a reasonable amount to discuss with these people without shortchanging myself.

Thanks and if you'd like to respond in email send them to
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential