• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident and insursance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sue012

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl
My daughter and her boyfriend were just in a car accident in her car. Her boyfriend was driving and rear ended someone else totaling out her car. She has insursance but not full coverage on her car; but his car has full coverage. Since he was driving will his insursance cover her car? Thank you for any information.

moburkes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl
My daughter and her boyfriend were just in a car accident in her car. Her boyfriend was driving and rear ended someone else totaling out her car. She has insursance but not full coverage on her car; but his car has full coverage. Since he was driving will his insursance cover her car? Thank you for any information.
No. Her insurance pays for damage to her vehicle under collision. If her insurance was not enough to pay for the bodily injury and property damage to the person/vehicle he hit, then, is some instances his insurance can pay.

ecmst12

They MIGHT. He will have to call them and ask. It depends on the policy, but in some cases collision coverage will transfer to cars that you borrow, if the owner doesn't have collision.

moburkes

They MIGHT. He will have to call them and ask. It depends on the policy, but in some cases collision coverage will transfer to cars that you borrow, if the owner doesn't have collision.
I knew you were going to come by and say that. I was going to ask under coll or PD, but you edited your post already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">