• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident, best way to proceed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Maybe not, but if I don’t accept, I don’t think the claim will just end. I think it lasts for a certain period of time. If so, i would think they would be responsible until the claim expires
It's not for you to accept. This is your wife's case and you won't be accepting or declining any thing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No not pay UNLESS need be. Right now they offer me $600 and 2 months, upton$1500 expense. That’s about enough to cover 2 Advil’s.
Oh please.
I sure hope that your wife see things more clearly than you do, especially when you consider that YOU have no say in her settlement.

Kyfung

Oh please.
I sure hope that your wife see things more clearly than you do, especially when you consider that YOU have no say in her settlement.
So ur opinion is for her to: accept the $600 check and up to $1500 medical expense coverage for 2 months? Go get her MRI for $2,000. Draw from the available $1,500, then from the $600 check, pay the $250 initial medical bill and use the remaining $350 for the MRI bill, then finish up the MRI bilk
Oh please.
So ur opinion is to: accept the $600 check and related medical coverages for 2 months? Then pay the $250 initial medical bill from the $600 check. Get the MRI for $2,000 (minimal) and draw the $1,500 offer and use the remaining $350 left from the $600 check to pay down the MRI bill, then pay the MRI balance off by writing a personal check for $150.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My opinion is that she should get the necessary treatment before she considers settling. She should NOT base her course of treatment on simply maximizing the money she may receive (which will go to the doctors anyway). My opinion is also that she should not listen to your advice.

Kyfung

Hm
My opinion is that she should get the necessary treatment before she considers settling. She should NOT base her course of treatment on simply maximizing the money she may receive (which will go to the doctors anyway). My opinion is also that she should not listen to your advice.
hmmm, so u too, like I stated, would decline the offer? The whole question is to accept or decline the offer. Not sure in what way you
Twisted it. And yes I do have a say in the matter.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Maybe not, but if I don’t accept, I don’t think the claim will just end. I think it lasts for a certain period of time. If so, i would think they would be responsible until the claim expires
I personally someone who took 10 years to settle a claim. My relative had a minor accident, but it took that long to resolve what exactly the extent of her neurological injury was.

She did, they want to do an MRI. We have insurance but a high deductable. That alone is 2 grand i think.
Get the MRI. Her doctors deem it medically necessary, the other party's insurance should cover it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">