• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car body shop trying to force me to pay them?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe they should have. But you can't prove they didn't call and just didn't leave a message.

The bottom line, though, is this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. Take them to small claims court (if they don't take you to small claims court) and let the judge decide who's right.

Just Blue

My voice mail was not changed, so they really should have left a voicemail. Again I literally left the day I found out- having to purchase tickets out of the country, hotel stays, and arrange transportation etc, the rental car was the last thing on my mind.
As a business owner myself, who is also in charge of collections, we are understanding of situations like this. When my partner and I received the voicemail from the body shop, we immediately made contact and let them know we would be dropping off the car today and went all the way there only for them to refuse to see us and tell us to come back Monday (which seems like they want us to rack up more charges)
Sorry if this question has been asked....Are you referring to your business partner or life partner?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">