• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car damage from construction site in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MedStudent101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Philadelphia, PA

Recently, I noticed that my entire car has a thin spray coating of reflective solvent. I suspect the construction site facing my parking lot is responsible because the coating is all over my car (body and windows) but worse in the front end which faces the site.

My dad and I have tried turpentine, hot water, soap water, and elbow grease. The best outcome we have had so far is to wear down the tiny specks of coating on the front windshield, but it is still reflective, so I worry about visibility while I am driving.

Are there limits to what I can do in terms of filing a claim for property damage with the construction site's insurance carrier because I live in PA?

Thank you for your time.

Dave1952

It's unlikely that you were the only car in the parking lot that was sprayed. Have you contacted the other car owners? Have you contacted the general contractors insurer? Have you notified your insurer?
Looks like the Penn. Statute of Limitations is 2 yrs.

Good luck

Sophistry

You may want to consider filing a claim with your own insurance company, specifically a comprehensive coverage claim. Once your company fixes your car, they can chase the contractor for the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">