• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealer lied to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mgreen320

So I bought a car from a dealer back in June the dealer told me I was purchasing a Nissan Maxima SV even on their website it said it would be fully loaded with GPS and heated seats and on the title it also says SV. After financing it started to realize my car was different compared to other SV models my stereo screen was different and had no heated seats nor GPs And after doing research I realized my car is a S model. The dealer lied to me. What can I do??

adjusterjack

Car dealer lied to me
No surprise there. Car dealers lie to everybody.

Trouble is, what you got TOLD is meaningless.

It's what's in your purchase contract that counts.

Read your purchase contract.

What does your contract say you bought?

quincy

So I bought a car from a dealer back in June the dealer told me I was purchasing a Nissan Maxima SV even on their website it said it would be fully loaded with GPS and heated seats and on the title it also says SV. After financing it started to realize my car was different compared to other SV models my stereo screen was different and had no heated seats nor GPs And after doing research I realized my car is a S model. The dealer lied to me. What can I do??
Unless the car dealer was an attorney, there are no legal ethics and there is no attorney malpractice involved with your question. Your thread would have been better posted elsewhere on this forum.

You said that "after doing research I realized my car is a S model." The time to do research is BEFORE you purchase a car, not after. The fact that the car you purchased in June is different from what you thought you were purchasing should have been discovered long before now. Did you not test for heated seats and GPS?

I agree with adjusterjack that you should refer to your purchase contract. Are you financing an SV or the S model? If you were charged extra for the GPS and heated seats and for the SV model, you may have some legal options to consider.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">