• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Loan/Never had insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stecordbzgt

What is the name of your state? TX

I bought an automobile (put in my name, family member using and making payments) quite a few months back. I thought i called my insurance company and had them add the new vehicle. Now I see that I have never had insurance. The payments due, not been made. What legal action do I have. I saw this q&a....Q. Can an automobile leasing or financing company require an operator to have automobile insurance?

A. Ordinarily, banks, finance and leasing companies will require an operator of a financed or leased vehicle to have insurance in force. Proof of insurance and notification of cancellation will be sent by the insurance company to the leasing or financing company. Cancellation of insurance will cause a default in the loan or leasing agreement and may result in repossession of the vehicle
...........................can the vehicle be repossessed or is the contract void since no insurance was taken out on the vehicle? please help me!!!!!!:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">