• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wrvmom

I purchased a new vehicle in Nov of 95. I kept it for approx1 yr or so. I called and got payoff for the vehicle and sent them a check for the amount I was told. I received the title and traded the vehicle. I was notified by this bank that there is still a balance due on the loan. It has been 3 yrs...Now with late fees and interest occured they say I owe 1153.00, of course they want it paid in 2-3 payments. I asked why they were so long to contact me, they said when they recived the payment it was showing paid in full, however it wasnt. I believe it was the fault of the person who told me the wrong payoff. I cannot see how I can be responsible for this 3 yrs later. She asked if I received a fx saying it was paid in full, I didnt. Why would they have sent me the title? What stops any bank from doing this to customers. PLEASE help me with any suggestions of what I can do..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">