• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Repair Service a rip off!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maxey5

I have had my 96 Ford Windstar to a Ford dealership repair service six times for the same problem in the last two months!! Each time I am given a different reason for what is causing the problem with my van! I have now paid out over $500.00, still have the same problem and they now have given me a NEW reason for the problem and want an additional $300.00 for this repair!! I feel like I have truley been taken advantage of and would love to be able to approach the manager with some sound, intelligent knowledege of what their responsibility is to me as a customer and what they have to do legally to make ammends of this situation!! I live in the state of Virginia. Thus dealership is not the one the van was purchased from. Please help!!!

D

David J. Miller

Here is what I have done in situations such as yours. Find out where to send a complaint letter and send one requesting reimbursement for their fruitless efforts at fixing your auto.

In any letter such as this one, the key is that it is a sales letter. You must sell the company that it is better that they reimburse you for these amounts then to choose not to.

What I mean is if you send a letter with all kinds of 4-letter words in it, you are sending a message that they have lost your business regardless of how they respond to your complaint. They will have no incentive to offer you satisfaction since you have been clear that you are unhappy with their service.

Instead, tell them about all of the business you have conducted with them. Tell them how you would like to do business with them again but will not unless you receive satisfaction. Give them the incentive to offer satisfaction.

In the meantime, you may want to consider bringing your truck somewhere else to be serviced.

If this does not work, you can always hire an attorney to send a hammer letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">