• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car repossed in 1993

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Twitty1256

What is the name of your state? calif. in 1993 my car was repossed and sold on sept. 1 of same year. well we haven't heard anything concerning this matter until now. we recieved a notice from a company we have never heard from and they want us to pay almost $4000. its not like we have been hiding from this, my husband still has same job and our current address is on our credit report, so my question is, is there a time limit that they can collect on this. By the way the repossion isn't even on our credit report. i would think after being over 10yrs there would be a time limit that they could collect.
please advise,
Twitty1256

T

Twitty1256

bigun said:
The SOL in Ca. is 4 years.
http://www.locate123.com/StateLaws.asp

Send a letter CRRR, saying the alleged debt is time-barred and never contact you again.
BTW, is this Camco or, Whitewing?
thank you so much bigun for the info you sent me. i will diffently write to these people and tell them what they can do with this bill :) . not sure who or what camco or whitewing means, sorry first time user. just wanted to say thank you so much takes alot off my shoulders not having to worry about this.

bigun

I was curious as to the collection agency. THe 2 I mentioned are infamous for buying huge quantities of out of statute debt for a fraction of a cent on the dollar and then try all manner of shady stuff to try and collect.

T

Twitty1256

bigun said:
I was curious as to the collection agency. THe 2 I mentioned are infamous for buying huge quantities of out of statute debt for a fraction of a cent on the dollar and then try all manner of shady stuff to try and collect.
Well this business is Cavalry Portfolio Services,LLC, never heard of them, but hey they want to give us a great deal, if we call to work out a payment options they will give us a credit of $100.00 and work within our budget on the payments. It just sounded to fishy since we hadnt heard anything in 10yrs. Say we may qualify for payments as low as $10. a month. Even sent us a financial disclosure form with a payment arrangement that we would like to make. Just sounds a little fishy to me.
Twitty1256

bigun

Yeah, Cavalry is a bad debt buyer that traffics in out of stat debt. Just send them a letter saying leave you alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">