• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tornapart

What is the name of your state? georgia. i have a friend who was arrested for 2 and one half ounces of marajunia. they took his car. he has never went to court on this case and they have already said he would not get his car back. can the law take his car legally without him being found guilty or innocent yet. if not what do you suggest that he does about this? thank you for any advice.

K

knorris

I guess next time you'll have to walk when you want to go get high. :D

TYRIS

tornapart said:
What is the name of your state? georgia. i have a friend who was arrested for 2 and one half ounces of marajunia. they took his car. he has never went to court on this case and they have already said he would not get his car back. can the law take his car legally without him being found guilty or innocent yet. if not what do you suggest that he does about this? thank you for any advice.
have your friend check with the d.a.'s office to see if the case is still pending. he can also check to see if the local law enforcement are trying to do an asset forfiture on his vehicle. there may be other reasons their not releasing the vehicle. have your friend contact an attorney.

TYRIS

Rochelle

When we seize a vehicle here, it remains in custody until forfeited to us or we are told to forfeit it to the owner. Either way, it is by direct order of the DA's office and not up to the police department.

T

TeeK58

car seized

I am not sure about the laws in your state, but in NY, if you are caught buying drugs, or even stopped by the police with drugs in your car, you lose your car. I don't know the name of the law, but I know you lose your car. Check the laws in your state regarding this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">