• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car smashed by tree in apartment Complex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My wife and I live in Florida in an apartment complex with old trees, we had a storm on June 12, 2001, and a part of a tree snapped in half and totalled my vehicle. I was parked outside my apartment in designated renters parking which are underneath some trees. I would like to know that since the tree was on the Landlords property and fell on my personal vehicle what can I do. The part of the tree that split was hollow and was beginning to rot. I have numerous pictures of the damage to my vehicle and some of the split tree.



I am pretty sure that the damage would fall under Auto Insurance. You could fight for your deductible from the apartment complex. But I am not sure exactly how that would work.


Senior Member
Tenants need auto AND renter's insurance!!!

Landlord has no liability and you need to claim on your auto OR RENTER'S INSURANCE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential