• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car stripped at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davennc

I live in NC. My friends car was stripped of tires, stereo, and some damage to his car. This all happened at work in a fenced parking lot. The company has it's own security and cameras. Heresey that the company has paid for some willful damage to associates cars in the past. Company says it is a public parking lot but we are all required to have stickers on our windshields. Are they liable for any of the damage, what insurance did not cover?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I think that is a very sad thing to happen to someone's vehicle. But this is what I think you need to do, before you start the process of getting someone to pay for it. Get a copy if you can of the company policy and handbook and read over carefully anything doing with parking. If the sticker is provided by a separate company (ie. parking company in the building is the one who actually operates the lot), get their policy too.

If you can find out with solid written proof (previous payouts, affadavits from people who have been paid, etc) that the company paid out before on these types of matters, you have a strong case.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">