• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car / Trailer Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


gary marcondes

In july 2000 we wrote a bill of sale using (PC Attorney) software to sell a small trailer for $900.00 with a down payment of $200.00 and the remainder to be paid periodically, no specific on how often. Since February 2001 there have not been any payments even though they still owe $300.00. We have tried contacting the person who bought the trailer but she does not return our calls. What are our options? We've given them all the time we care to give. We live in Massachusetts.


Senior Member
My response:

You can use PC Attorney, "Bubba" version 3.5, or PC Attorney, "Guido" version 1.3.

The Bubba version will force her to pay by means of "capping" her when she won't pay.

The Guido version, like the Bubba version, will do so by means of cement shoes.

Either version is quite effective.

But, a slower method can be quite good also. So, even without a due date, a judge would look at the history of payments, the amount of time that has transpired, and whether there has been more than a reasonable amount of time that has transpired that the debt should have been paid by now.

So, rather than my versions of PC Attorney, you might want to consider Small Claims court.

Good luck to you.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential