• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

memo11161407

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
I took a loan out against my vehicle. I decided to sell it. I found an person who would buy it knowing the vehicle had a lien on it. He bought the vehicle on a Sunday I deposited the money on Monday and paid the remaining amount of the loan off. I went to get the lien release but they wouldn't release it do to holding it for my credit card. I'm struggling financially, which he also knew as to why I was selling said vehicle, so I haven't been able to pay the credit card off yet. He knows I have to pay the credit card off but now he is saying he is calling the police and reporting fraud. What can I do?!?!!

Last edited:

justalayman

I don't understand your situation. You say you paid the loan off but :

I went to get the lien release but they wouldn't release it do to holding it for my credit card.
can you explain where your credit card comes into the situation?

justalayman

Cross collaterization is one thing but cross collaterization is not holding a car hostage as security for a credit card account UNLESS the credit card account is delinquent already.

And this possibility is one reason I asked how his credit card was tied into the matter at hand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">