• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Care of Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vbperez

What is the name of your state? California

Hello:

My husband and I are going out of town, and we are leaving my child with my sister for two days.

I plan on giving her two letters:

One giving her authorization to make medical decisions in case something happens to my child.

and two, a letter giving her custody of my child in case of my and my husband's death. I am planning on including all of our bank accounts in this letter stating that my son is the beneficiary.

Anyhow, do I need to get these documents notorized for them to be valid?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Veronica

seniorjudge

Q: Anyhow, do I need to get these documents notorized for them to be valid?

A: What you have described in your post are worthless. Go to a lawyer and ask for a temporary child care power of attorney. While you are there, you also need a will set up and possibly a living trust.

My husband and I are going out of town, and we are leaving my child with my sister for two days.

I plan on giving her two letters:

One giving her authorization to make medical decisions in case something happens to my child.

and two, a letter giving her custody of my child in case of my and my husband's death. I am planning on including all of our bank accounts in this letter stating that my son is the beneficiary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">