• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caretaker/executor Fees. What is fair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raja

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I am currently sole caretaker of my mother who is in a Nursing home. My brother lives out of state and contributes nothing financially to her care. He seldom visits or calls. I am DPOA and executrix of the "estate" which consists of the house I am lliving in. I understand I can charge the "estate" fees for what I do for mom, ie, paperwork, medical visits, care of the house, etc. I live in the house and it needs a lot of repairs that were needed before I moved in. I cannot afford these and will need to take out a refinanced mortgage to do this. The property is in a life estate with my brother and I as beneficiaries. What id a fair rate to charge for my services which is basically caretaking of the house and mom?
Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">