• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

carpal tunnel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dcurry

What is the name of your state? TX

I was told that I have carpal tunnel in the first state of it that I have not damage any nerves yet, but if i cont to do my job it will progress. I am off right now off of work and filed w.c. claim my Dr advise is to stay off a while but the owcp is tring to say i filed untimly on the job injuiry which i did not know what it was until iI went to the DR. oh my egm was showing small to no damage to nerves. i realize the pain in March 2004 I file in Nov.2004 my phalen and tinel was positive. what are my rights?

ellencee

dcurry
Respond to the denial of benefits stating that you filed within the statutory one-year period; support your response with this information from the Texas Labor Code:
§ 409.003.
CLAIM FOR COMPENSATION. An employee or a
person acting on the employee's behalf shall file with the
commission a claim for compensation for an injury not later than one year after the date on which: (1) the injury occurred; or
(2) if the injury is an occupational disease, the
employee knew or should have known that the disease was related to the employee's employment.

Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993
http://www.twcc.state.tx.us/act/act.html
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">