• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case for bonus paymen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jscott727

no you are not wasting your time ...but from what I read GA is not a very employee friendly state on such matters ...and you need to be able to prove all the points that bonus was earned per the enmploers rules...if there is a rule you forgot and flunked that rule it may be game over.

Can you prove the pro rata payouts ?
Not at all. All I know is what employees have told their bonuses. But I can’t prove this is official company practice.

Jscott727

Then in which quarter does 1/1 exist?
You’re correct. I contend I was employed through the duration of 1 quarter. The statement I received from the company was that I was not employed long enough to merit a bonus but there a string of emails between my manager and I where I asked about my eligibility regarding the bonus. I asked “am I eligible immediately (at start) or is there a waiting period”. He replied “You will be at the very beginning of the Q1 bonus for 2018, you are immediately eligible”.

This conversation took place at the end of December 2017.

Does this help me at all?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe, maybe not.

Are the employees who received the bonus still working there? Can you point to any other employee who left after a single quarter, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway? For that matter, can you point to any employee who left after any length of employment, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway?

Jscott727

Maybe, maybe not.

Are the employees who received the bonus still working there? Can you point to any other employee who left after a single quarter, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway? For that matter, can you point to any employee who left after any length of employment, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway?
I don’t know the employee personally however I know he was compensated after leaving early and I know how to contact him.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then THAT's what might help you. It's not by any stretch of the imagination a guarantee that you'll win - you and the other employee may not have had the same arrangement you did. But it's a much stronger argument than, "Well, it doesn't SAY I don't get the bonus if I quit after one quarter".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">