• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

case? insurance co gave out my info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

try

s.c. My insurance adjent gave my ex-wife all my info on my cars and payments knowing that she was my ex and that she wanted the info to use against me in family court. do i have a case?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
s.c. My insurance adjent gave my ex-wife all my info on my cars and payments knowing that she was my ex and that she wanted the info to use against me in family court. do i have a case?
You’ve not said what the family court issue is about, but it relates to support chances are she was entitled to get this information anyway. With that in mind, what harm, exactly, did you suffer as a result of this? Bear in mind that the courts won’t be keen to hear an argument that basically goes “I had to pay more support because I wasn't able to deceive the family court by hiding my real income and assets.” If you suffered no legally recognized loss, you have nothing for which to sue even if you could otherwise make out the case that agent had a duty to keep that information private.

try

Ok so here is the deal. Im supposed to pay x amount a month. I pay $218 over that amount bc I bought her a car in lieu of the support. I showed her how much the car payments were and how much insurance cost. But she called herself to the insurance co. told them that she just wanted to check how much I am really paying. I worked it out with the co. to put her primary on one of my older vehicales and insured me on the car she drives to bring the cost down. And yes it is the price I told her. But when the lady gave her the info she took it as Im only paying for her driving on the older vehical. She is too dumb to realize that u have to add that to the cost of me insuring her car also. So she thought I wasnt paying what I said and is now taking me back to court for me to have to prove what Im paying is correct. So its costing me legal fees and court cost to prove this. I do not think that is right?

Just Blue

Ok so here is the deal. Im supposed to pay x amount a month. I pay $218 over that amount bc I bought her a car in lieu of the support. I showed her how much the car payments were and how much insurance cost. But she called herself to the insurance co. told them that she just wanted to check how much I am really paying. I worked it out with the co. to put her primary on one of my older vehicales and insured me on the car she drives to bring the cost down. And yes it is the price I told her. But when the lady gave her the info she took it as Im only paying for her driving on the older vehical. She is too dumb to realize that u have to add that to the cost of me insuring her car also. So she thought I wasnt paying what I said and is now taking me back to court for me to have to prove what Im paying is correct. So its costing me legal fees and court cost to prove this. I do not think that is right?
Why do you think this is slander, libel or defamation? And why do you think the insurance company did anything wrong?

LdiJ

I predict that court is not going to go well for you. You are playing fast and loose with the insurance company in order to save money, but you expect her to credit you for the cost of your insurance rather than hers. She doesn't even live in your household and you are insuring her on a car that she does not drive, while letting her drive a car insured in your name and keep it at an address where you do not live. That is a disaster in the making.

Just Blue

I predict that court is not going to go well for you. You are playing fast and loose with the insurance company in order to save money, but you expect her to credit you for the cost of your insurance rather than hers. She doesn't even live in your household and you are insuring her on a car that she does not drive, while letting her drive a car insured in your name and keep it at an address where you do not live. That is a disaster in the making.
Yup. Exactly **************.....

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And of course, the ex is just supposed to take his word for everything - she doesn't have the right to confirm for herself what's actually taking place.

quincy

Defamation is the communication of false facts (stated or implied) that harm a reputation. If what the insurance company provided to your ex-wife was accurate information, there has been no defamation.

If you are concerned about a privacy breach, if your ex-wife is listed as a primary on your policy, there has been no privacy breach. She is entitled to the information. And she could have obtained the same information through discovery or with a subpoena anyway.

Do you have an attorney?

try

sigh....

Okay. Were you were slandered, defamed or libeled in some way? If so... No. You do not have a "case".
Dude you know if u didnt want to help anyone and if its some kind of inconvenience to answer a question. then why are u still on here

try

Defamation is the communication of false facts (stated or implied) that harm a reputation. If what the insurance company provided to your ex-wife was accurate information, there has been no defamation.

If you are concerned about a privacy breach, if your ex-wife is listed as a primary on your policy, there has been no privacy breach. She is entitled to the information. And she could have obtained the same information through discovery or with a subpoena anyway.

Do you have an attorney?
No I was tying to find out if it would do me any good. and I would have been fine with her obtaining the info legally. now it is costing me roughly $4000 to prove that im doing exactly what im supposed to do. and I picked slander bc I didnt know what to call it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">