• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

welcometoit2

New Jersey, 17 years of age.

Recently I got arrested and charged with False Public Alarms. I waited months to and eventually attended a Plea Court with my lawyer, in which I plead guilty. I got 5 hours community service and probation for a year. My question is: Is there a way to get a report of the whole case in itself or some iteration of that? My friend is having a similar problem and I wanted to use my case as precedence for his case, to help my friend out, and hopefully get him a more lenient sentencing.

Just Blue

Recently I got arrested and charged with False Public Alarms. I waited months to and eventually attended a Plea Court with my lawyer, in which I plead guilty. I got 5 hours community service and probation for a year. My question is: Is there a way to get a report of the whole case in itself or some iteration of that? My friend is having a similar problem and I wanted to use my case as precedence for his case, to help my friend out, and hopefully get him a more lenient sentencing.
You're 17. Stop playing Attorney. Tell your buddy the name of the attorney you used.

quincy

Your friend should rely on his attorney's advice. All cases will be decided on their own merits.

You might want to point your friend in the direction of the attorney who helped you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Tell your friend to speak with his own attorney about this matter. You are not "helping" him. You case has no bearing on his.

quincy

And 5 days of community service really isn't that onerous.
It is an unusually small number of community service hours ordered, in fact. welcometoit2 was given a light sentence.

How the fiend fares in court can depend on the "public alarm" that he issued and the time and effort expended by officials in having to address it.

HRZ

Your friend needs a good lawyer...put your lawyers name on a list for him or her to consider.

Loss of drivers license for 6 months is possible ...and if tried as an adult he or she could be looking at 18 months and $10000 fine for even a " simple" false alarm report.

quincy

If you had an attorney, you can get your case file from your attorney. That is easiest.

You could also call the court and request a copy of the court disposition (file with outcome of your case). Fill out an application at the court. There will be a fee

You also could pay for a transcript. There is greater cost for this. Transcript processing offices: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/11948_transcript_offices.pdf

Your case is really going to be of no help to your friend. If you want to help him, direct him to your attorney. Your attorney knows your case.

Or, if your friend already has his own attorney, your friend needs to rely on his attorney's advice. Your friend's attorney can get your case disposition if he is interested in it.

Again, all cases are different. Your friend will be judged on the facts of his case and not on what happened with you and your case.

If you didn't think calling in a false report was funny, why did you do it?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">