• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Catalog your assets with photo's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BookemDano

What is the name of your state?IL
I stumbled on here looking for an answer recently about replacing things of value such as antiques and such due to a recent fire destroying a relatives home and they came way out on the short end of the stick. Take pictures of EVERYTHING, Catalog your assets!!!!. Get some type of program out there that makes it easy, but do it. Do it now, you never think about cataloging your assets, I didn't either, but DO IT! Preferably burn it to CD as well and get it your agent.

BookemDano

Why do you say NEVER give to your agent. I am very curious, I have a great relationship with my agent, but, if you can enlighten me about something I am unaware of. Thank you.,

claimlaw

Your agent, the one you have a great relationship with; the one who attends the same church, whose kids play ball with your kids; he is a representative of the insurer - not you. His sole duty is to his employer - not you. In a bind, his word will benefit the insurer - not you - every time.

While they don't have any relationship to the claims process except the initial filing of the Notice of Claim, any action on the part of the insurer's agent generally works to defeat or diminish your claim. I don't care if it's your brother in-law.

Buy a Safe Deposit Box. Trust no person with your financial security.

Claimlaw

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">