• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught smoking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Occultist

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I was caught smoking marijuana in my dorm room on campus. When the cop showed up, I gave everything I had, which was a small ceramic pipe and what was left of the marijuana, which was only enough for 2 or 3 more bowls (I don't know anything about measurements of marijuana...that was the first bag I ever bought, the guy called it a "nickleback" or something like that, it was my first time smoking from that bag, and I had only smoked once before getting caught; I told all that to the officer).
So, the officer read me my rights, then put me in cuffs telling me that at that moment I was under arrest for possession of marijuana and drug paraphenelia, and sat me down in a chair (still in my dorm room) and talked to me. He told me I wouldn't be going to jail and that what he was doing was a cite and release, so I got the ticket and will have to appear in court feb 14.
So, I'd kinda like to know what's going to happen here. I didn't have that much marijuana, I gave it all to him, I was completely cooperative with him (he said as much and thanked me for it before leaving), this is my first crime so I have no crime record at all, I have good grades (I'm on the Dean's list); so yeah, I'm kinda curious about how things will turn out for me. Any thoughts?

S

seniorjudge

Beg and plead.

Don't tell the judge that first time crap; I don't believe it and he won't either.

Dress professionally.

Don't chew gum, smoke, or eat.

Bathe (dopers are notoriously smelly) and wash your hair.

Go to court beforehand someday before you actually have to go to watch how things go.

Speak politely and derentially.

Do not wear message shirts. (One time a doper showed up in front of me wearing a tee with the message: One Wild and Crazy Cowboy. The logo was a giant marijuana leaf.)

Post back ... tell me how you did.

The Occultist

seniorjudge said:
Don't tell the judge that first time crap; I don't believe it and he won't either.
If it wasn't the truth, I wouldn't have bothered lying on a message board where nothing can be held against me. But, point taken; I won't bother trying to volunteer that. Thank you for your advice, and yes, I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">