• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CBP ( U.S. Customs and Border Protection) seized products

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryano698

I live in the U.S state of Connecticut. I was wondering if CBP would detain my shipment of tobacco products. It would be shipments from different countries such as China. I'm starting a business in the tobacco industry which I would offer pipes, water pipes etc. I'm afraid it would be considered as "drug paraphernalia" even if it's written that it's for tobacco use only. I know how these products are seen/associated with cannabis which is why I fear running into trouble with CBP. Any tips or advise that can ease my mind? Thank you!

bcr229

Find a reputable customs broker who can give you the full breakdown on importation fees, tariffs, the legal niceties, etc. for bringing in those types of goods and how much they would charge to ensure your stuff is brought in legally (if it even can be). You may find that unless you can pack a shipping container full of stuff to resell that it's not cost-effective.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">