• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CC are killing us...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pj_57

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Washington

My husband retired from the USMC 2yrs. ago after 26yrs. and was employed by a telecommunications company for 1yr in CA. This unfortunately ended badly (long story) and it was harder to survive in CA so we moved back here to WA. He still hasn't been able to find a job and is currently going to school fulltime and working part-time in a work-study program. We are trying to pay the CC companies at least a little a month to keep them happy but it isn't the minimum payment and now one of them is turned over to collections and the company is threatening legal action. We found out that this is the store CC that we have had for 25+ yrs with no negative credit problems (they gave us a $10,000 limit because of our good payment history) and they didn't even warn us before tossing it to collections. The collection agency is telling my husband that the store wants to start legal action. I have been sending payments and they have been accepting them, guess they just aren't enough. We don't want to claim bankruptcy and we do want to pay them what we owe, but the longer it takes to find a job the more late charges, over-the-limit charges, etc. pile on and we will never get a chance catch up. Any advice would be helpful. :(

H

helpingfolks200

collection

HI I had some collection agences send me a 30 day notice, I can tell you how to get them off you back. email me

A

a neighbor

hey helping?

If your way is legit, why not post it here???

H

helpingfolks200

yes legal

I have tryed, but very few will belive, so if interseted email me thanks.

A

a neighbor

OH

I get it!!! Kinda like taken advice from Barbara De Angeles, the famous auther who gives advice on improving marriages? Been divorced I think five times now, the second divorce was to Dr. John Grey (Men are from Mars Women are From Venus).

Be careful on who you take advice from... Got it:D

B

baylorbear

As far as the CC company taking legal action, anything is possible, however the collection scums are just trying to scare you. Tell them your situation and let them know when you can pay, you will. Send them a cease letter, certified mail (so they won't bother you anymore), get your life back on track, then start making payments.

BTW, if you wait a little longer, you might be able to "settle" your account for pennies on the dollar.

It all will work out.

Ladynred

Sounds like 'helpingfolks200' is mhansen in disguise.. AGAIN !! He just doesn't get it..

What this person offers is a scam, period - to quote the Wizard of Oz "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain !"

P

pj_57

Thank you all for your assistance. I read ladynred's advice about hansen/helping folks in a previous post, so I knew not to respond. Thanks baylorbear for your advice, I guess if they want to push it they can, but you know what they say, can't get blood out of a turnip.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">