• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cc disability clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZOIE

What is the name of your state? Indiana
How would I find out if there is a disablity clause in my CC contract? (Sorry I don't have any copies). Two out of three CA's haven't verified. The other CA sent it back to the orginial creditor & this one only sent me a copy of the orginial app. as verifiation
Thanx, Zoie

bigun

There will be no disability clause in the cc contracts. The only way disability would come into play would be if you purchase a policy and had the premium billed to your account. Disability {and any other insurance} is expensive. Nobody will provideit under terms for opening account.
THe only exception I can think of is every so often I'll get a mailing offer for $1000 accidential death and dismemberment policy because I'm {and afew million other people} are valuded customers.

K

kevinss

ZOIE said:
The other CA sent it back to the orginial creditor & this one only sent me a copy of the orginial app. as verifiation
Thanx, Zoie
bigun (or another in-the-know), does an original application alone serve as a legally binding validation? I was under the impression there had to be an original, signed application as well as other records (or were the other records diversionary in the sample letters I saw?)

Ladynred

You are correct, a signed agreement, in and of itself, is only partial validation. To fully prove the debt they must also provide a full accounting of all charges and payments over the life of the account to prove balance owed. Time to send them a 'sorry, validation is incomplete' letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">