• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cereal broken tooth should I file small claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wgs47

What is the name of your state? Virginia

While eating Quaker Oats granola cereal I broke a tooth requiring a crown, Cost approx $1800.
Called Costco, they referred me to Quaker Oats, ... owned by PepsiCo.
They requested the package which I returned to them next day.
Quaker offered $150
After replacing the tooth and with costs I called again
They sent me a claim form
Which I returned with bill, photos of broken tooth taken by dentist along with a form he filled out at their request.
They offered $700. A week ago with request I give an answer by today., friday
They mentioned that no foreign material was found in package I returned and that since I didn’t have the object that broke my tooth that’s all they could offer,
I told them at the time I thought I had removed that object only to discover a little later that what I removed was a broken tooth.
As mentioned I have photos of damage to my mouth, the broken tooth, and in addition, a photo of some hard object from an earlier, likely different container of same cereal that lodged between my teeth

I went to county clerk got filing forms and the registered agent for PepsiCo in Va

Should I pursue full repayments?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Virginia

While eating Quaker Oats granola cereal I broke a tooth requiring a crown, Cost approx $1800.
Called Costco, they referred me to Quaker Oats, ... owned by PepsiCo.
They requested the package which I returned to them next day.
Quaker offered $150
After replacing the tooth and with costs I called again
They sent me a claim form
Which I returned with bill, photos of broken tooth taken by dentist along with a form he filled out at their request.
They offered $700. A week ago with request I give an answer by today., friday
They mentioned that no foreign material was found in package I returned and that since I didn’t have the object that broke my tooth that’s all they could offer,
I told them at the time I thought I had removed that object only to discover a little later that what I removed was a broken tooth.
As mentioned I have photos of damage to my mouth, the broken tooth, and in addition, a photo of some hard object from an earlier, likely different container of same cereal that lodged between my teeth

I went to county clerk got filing forms and the registered agent for PepsiCo in Va

Should I pursue full repayments?
You don't have conclusive proof that Quaker Oats would be responsible. Take the $700 and run.

Gail in Georgia

I've broken a tooth eating popcorn; this required a root canal AND a crown. $2000. Do you think I could sue the popcorn manufacture? (Hint; nope).

Granola is often a hard and chewy cereal. Be glad they offered you the $700.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">