• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Challenging power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My father has alzheimers disease. He is no longer able to care for himself.
I come from a family of 8 children. 5 of us would like to place my father in a nursing home and 3 want him to remain at home. I feel that my fathers situation at home is unsafe. There have been incidents of verbal, emmotional and physical abuse against my father by my brother and sister.
My brother and sister are his power of attorneys i am his health care proxy.
Can i go to court and challenge their power of attorney?
Can i apply for guardianship of my father?
Do i have any legal recourse at all!
I live in new york state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential