• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chances of bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kaycranberry

The state is Georgia. My brother was arrested on 2 charges of aggravated assault. He already had 1 warrant that was on the dead docket for making a false claim that they charged him with too at this time, plus another count of giving a false statement to LE and later on they tacked on a family violence charge.

I am in charge of his affairs and would like to know the chances of him getting a bond and how long he may be in jail before getting a bond? Also what kind of a sentence he might be facing so I know how to proceed on some things. Thanks so much in advance, you are very appreciated!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The state is Georgia. My brother was arrested on 2 charges of aggravated assault. He already had 1 warrant that was on the dead docket for making a false claim that they charged him with too at this time, plus another count of giving a false statement to LE and later on they tacked on a family violence charge.

I am in charge of his affairs and would like to know the chances of him getting a bond and how long he may be in jail before getting a bond? Also what kind of a sentence he might be facing so I know how to proceed on some things. Thanks so much in advance, you are very appreciated!
There is absolutely no way that we can guess about his chances of bond or his sentencing. His attorney should be able to give an educated guess.

quincy

Your brother needs a criminal defense attorney. Any questions you have can be directed to the attorney and, with your brother’s permission, the attorney can provide you with answers.

zddoodah

I am in charge of his affairs
By virtue of what?

and would like to know the chances of him getting a bond
By "getting a bond," are you asking about the likelihood that the court will allow him to be released pending trial upon the posting of a bail bond? Or the likelihood of a bonding company actually issuing a bond for him? No one here could possibly speak intelligently about the first question, and the answer to the second question depends on the amount of the bond required and his ability to pay for it (or to find people willing to pay for it for him).

Also what kind of a sentence he might be facing
It appears that aggravated assault/battery carries the possibility of up to 5 years per count.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">