• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change in attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KellyS.

What is the name of your state?CA I'm CP (85/15 timeshare) and I recently posted a question about jurisdiction (moving child support and custody case) to where our child lives. DCSS has since taken jurisdiction of all the support issues and yesterday, NCP and his attorney signed stipulation agreeing to move the custody case as well. My question . . . since the move is over 2 hours from where NCP attorney practice . . . should this be seen as a sign that NCP attorney is getting ready to withdraw? I also believe NCP has not been paying said attorney (as detailed on his I&E declaration).

Zephyr

KellyS. said:
My question . . . since the move is over 2 hours from where NCP attorney practice . . . should this be seen as a sign that NCP attorney is getting ready to withdraw? I also believe NCP has not been paying said attorney (as detailed on his I&E declaration).

I would not think it would be an automatic withdrawl for the attorney, other parent agreed to it, he'll just have to pay him travel time and expenses as well. until they notify the court of a change you should proceed as if there isn't a question regarding this.

even if he hasn't been paying the attorney he has still been incurring the debt. same difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">