• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change in support now that I get disablity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I recently started getting disablity check from social security. It took almost 2 years to get it. My ex got a back check and gets a monthly check from social security. I only get 694 a month and she is taking me bake to court for more money. I think she gets 110 a month from social security. Can she get more and if so how much. Also during those 2 years i wasnt able to work, and when i was approved for disabilty she got a back check for that entire time. Of course my original order was for alot more. can they garnish my check or is that back support waived due to the fact that social security considered me disabled for the entire time. I live in Illinois. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential