• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change in terms of aggreement after accepting offer.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

To Whom It May Concern,
I work for a major publishing and trade show company in New York City and was offered another job opportunity with a new show within the company. Part of my aggreement was that I telecommute from my home. I resigned from my position and accepted the offer. I have now been notified that working from home is out of the question. I have e-mails from my new boss requesting equipment from our I.T. group to set up my home office. The V.P. of the group is the person stopping the process. What can I do????

A

Attorney_Replogle

I am not sure that you can do anything other than talk to HR about the situation. An employer is certainly entitled to change its mind, in general. Good luck!

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">