• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

change of custody???? Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tweety14

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee :)
I am trying to find out some info and opinions for my son. Any help would be appreciated.

He has a 3 1/2 yr old daughter, born out of wedlock, and is the NCP.In late 2002, he went to through court in order to start a relationship with his little girl. He was originally going to try for custody, but he couln't seem to find a lawyer that was willing to help a man get custody, so he settled for standard visitation just so he would start getting to see her.Well, he had to pay his lawyer, her lawyer , pat. test, and back child support even when he didn't get to see his baby.So, thats around $4000 dollars.He has to pay child support of $78 a week.

So many things has changed since then. The mother (19 yrs old) was married to another guy , but has been seperated for a couple yrs or more.She has a 14 mon. old baby by another guy, not her ex-husband. She has had to go to court over this baby and the paternal grandparents has this baby and she rarely even sees this baby.

She started letting the dad(my son) have this little girl everyother week about 2 yrs ago, but he still has to pay her CS. The week the mother is supposed to have her she never does.My son will take her back to her and give her CS and in a few hours she takes her and leaves her at her mothers or at her ex-husbands grandparents house.Then she doesn't get her back or show no interest until its time for her daddy to get her. Then she hurrys and gets her back and acts like she has had her the whole time. We know it is just for CS. We call and talk to the little girl almost everyday, but the mother doesn't think we know all of this stuff. The child begs her daddy to please come and get her and its heartbreaking.She doesn't ever want to go to her moms.

Dad works 2nd shift and I babysit my grandbaby for him. The mother doesn't work and doesn't keep her kids either, just waits for that CS check.Everytime things don't go like she wants she tells him she is going to go by the papers and not let him see her much. She has lived in so many places and skips from place to place with friends and boyfriends. He still lives at home with his parents. He has people ready to go to court with him and prove she doesn't keep her child.

Does he have a chance at getting custody, considering the mom never has her??? or a job or a decent place to live.

Will her not having custody of her other baby help??

Would all this be a way to get emergency custody.?

If he hires a PI, will the judge let him testify.?We have heard so much about her being on drugs, but don't know how to prove it.

Sorry for all these questions, but he needs help.Thank you!

It is pretty frustrating to see him have to pay her CS, when he keeps her half the time. Then the mother doesn't even keep her her week.

BL

Tweety14 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee :)
I am trying to find out some info and opinions for my son. Any help would be appreciated.

He has a 3 1/2 yr old daughter, born out of wedlock, and is the NCP.In late 2002, he went to through court in order to start a relationship with his little girl. He was originally going to try for custody, but he couln't seem to find a lawyer that was willing to help a man get custody, so he settled for standard visitation just so he would start getting to see her.Well, he had to pay his lawyer, her lawyer , pat. test, and back child support even when he didn't get to see his baby.So, thats around $4000 dollars.He has to pay child support of $78 a week.

So many things has changed since then. The mother (19 yrs old) was married to another guy , but has been seperated for a couple yrs or more.She has a 14 mon. old baby by another guy, not her ex-husband. She has had to go to court over this baby and the paternal grandparents has this baby and she rarely even sees this baby.

She started letting the dad(my son) have this little girl everyother week about 2 yrs ago, but he still has to pay her CS. The week the mother is supposed to have her she never does.My son will take her back to her and give her CS and in a few hours she takes her and leaves her at her mothers or at her ex-husbands grandparents house.Then she doesn't get her back or show no interest until its time for her daddy to get her. Then she hurrys and gets her back and acts like she has had her the whole time. We know it is just for CS. We call and talk to the little girl almost everyday, but the mother doesn't think we know all of this stuff. The child begs her daddy to please come and get her and its heartbreaking.She doesn't ever want to go to her moms.

Dad works 2nd shift and I babysit my grandbaby for him. The mother doesn't work and doesn't keep her kids either, just waits for that CS check.Everytime things don't go like she wants she tells him she is going to go by the papers and not let him see her much. She has lived in so many places and skips from place to place with friends and boyfriends. He still lives at home with his parents. He has people ready to go to court with him and prove she doesn't keep her child.

Does he have a chance at getting custody, considering the mom never has her??? or a job or a decent place to live.

Will her not having custody of her other baby help??

Would all this be a way to get emergency custody.?

If he hires a PI, will the judge let him testify.?We have heard so much about her being on drugs, but don't know how to prove it.

Sorry for all these questions, but he needs help.Thank you!

It is pretty frustrating to see him have to pay her CS, when he keeps her half the time. Then the mother doesn't even keep her her week.
Instead of Hiring a PI , maybe a Consult with a Family Law Attorney..

Tweety14

Yes, he knows he will have to hire a lawyer. I just thought maybe a PI could find out the stuff that he suspects but can't prove.This situation is so sad ,her crying not to leave her dad and all. It is just hard for him to trust the court system, since he got treatly so unfair last time.

Last edited:

BL

Don't get this wrong , kids that age want to be treated good , and Cry like that . I know I been through it ( broke my heart ) to leave them there .

He should certainly file for a modification .

Just settling for visits was a mistake .

But by your own account Dad is not home at night Either ..

Tweety14

Blonde Lebinese said:
Don't get this wrong , kids that age want to be treated good , and Cry like that . I know I been through it ( broke my heart ) to leave them there .

He should certainly file for a modification .

Just settling for visits was a mistake .

But by your own account Dad is not home at night Either ..

Thank you for your reply. Dad has to work to pay her child support or he would definately be home with her.Right now, he doesn't have an option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">