• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Terry113

What is the name of your state? NJ

Ok I am the NCP and my ex is CP. By way of background, I was having a hard time making it. I lost my job because first my daughter got the flu, then I got it, and then 3 weeks later I had to get surgery. By by job. I got evicted from my apartment, and told ex I was going to NY for a few months, and that I would bring daughter back and forth. He wigged and said let me keep and when you come back ... blah blah.

I came back, and ex said why don't you try and settle yourself for a while. Decided to Join NG to pay for school. Came back from NG - (no longer in) and ex won't give her back. Uses her as leverige to get his way, has Daughter calling his then girlfriend Mom, etc.

Back and forth to mediation, still he plays with my visitation. I was new to the court system then,. and couldn't afford a laywer. Mediator suggests agreeing to Joint custody with ex as CP until we can get before a judge. Stupid me listens.

Get before the judge, he basically laughs. "Inks still dry on the last order" Literally said this. Every coupld months have to take him to court for violating vistitation. Never gets sanctioned . nothing. I Pay child support jsut got an audit from them cause they messed up big time, and owe me over $1000. Everytime we go to court I tell judge to restrain ex's wife from speaking to me, even though we have CURB SIDE PICK UP. Still they both come out and talk to me. Daughter had been calling me by my given name for almost a year. Reached a point where she told me SM was her real mom because - and these are exact words"She takes care of me everyday and you don't" These are not the words of a child.

Now she crys all the time telling them she wants to be with me. Even on my non vists, while jsut at home she gets really upset. So what does Ex do, he tells her I chose to give her to him.

She sees counselors, school and outside. She is having problems in school, new sister from stepmom, and they are blaming all the problems on me. ME -0 saying because I have three step kids, I need to spend more time with her on weekends.

I can't take this anymore. My poor baby. I have only been at my job for a year. And I jsut moved to a Mobile Home that I own. Please I need to get my daughter back. Any advise would be great.

P.S. We have joint legal custody. No decisions get discussed with me until after they are made, and my name is not on any school papers, not even as an emergency contact.

WyattJ

Terry113 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ
P.S. We have joint legal custody. No decisions get discussed with me until after they are made, and my name is not on any school papers, not even as an emergency contact.
***You can go to the school with your court order papers and have then put you on the the list, or try to anyway.

T

Terry113

Been there done that

there is no law that I know of that says I have to be on the papers. I keep trying to talk to the principal. they already know who I am. I had them take a class out of there after school program when my daughter fell and got hurt due to their neglagence. It is amazing to me what little rights the NCP has. People think its just the fathers. Well its not. More and more men are given custody, because in most cases they make all the money, and can therefore afford the lawyers. Its not fair

But thanks for the advise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">