• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sonny1965

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I live in Tennessee the ex moved to New York with my 6 year old daughter.While home for summer vacation the daughter became scared as the days drew nearer for her to go back. I asked her was she scared and she said yes.I said what are you afraid of and she replied that her mothers live in boyfirend punch her in the stomach on more than one accasion and was rough with ehr.I have made a CPS referral to NY and an investigation was made on the phone.A field visit was done today but the daughter now denies everything. What should I do? Thanks in advance

LdiJ

Sonny1965 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I live in Tennessee the ex moved to New York with my 6 year old daughter.While home for summer vacation the daughter became scared as the days drew nearer for her to go back. I asked her was she scared and she said yes.I said what are you afraid of and she replied that her mothers live in boyfirend punch her in the stomach on more than one accasion and was rough with ehr.I have made a CPS referral to NY and an investigation was made on the phone.A field visit was done today but the daughter now denies everything. What should I do? Thanks in advance
I have a suspicion that your daughter told you what she thought you wanted to hear....and is now denying that because she knows it wasn't true.

There really isn't anything that you can do at this point.

momofrose

It very well could be that the little girl was scared to tell the truth to CPS...if it is true, she is scared to death at this point.

I would constantly communicate with her and let her know that you are on her side and she needs to tell the truth at all times.

Best of luck to you and your little girl.

"D"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">