• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of ownership - Variable Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phoenixrising69

My former father in law took out a variable life insurance policy on me several years ago. He passed away in 2004. His wife, my former mother in law wanted to give the policy to me and allow me to have the money that is accumulated in the account. Though she is the sole beneficiary to his estate, she is not the executor of his estate and the executor is unwilling to sign a change of ownership document. Is there any recourse to this? As the sole beneficiary to the owner's estate, doesn't his wife have the right to change the ownership herself?

Thank you very much,
Rick

Edit: The policy is a John Han**** Variable Life Insurance policy.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Your mother can contact the company directly and ask them about this or call another company that sells variable life insurance policies and inquire with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">